ANTI RAGGING / DISCIPLINE RULES
In Order to have zero tolerance to ragging and its total elimination from the educational institution,
the Hon'ble suprme court of india vide its orders dated 4th May 2001 , 16th May 2007 and 11th feb 2009 has directed as hereunder.
1. Ragging is strictly prohibited in the institution.
2. Anyone indulging in ragging is liable to be punished appropriately. punishment shall be exemplary and justifiable harsh.
3. Punishment for ragging includes :
i) Imprisonment/fine or both .
ii)Expulsion from the institution, Suspension from the institution or classes for a limited period and fine with a public apology.
iii)withholding scholarships or other benefits.
iv) Debarring from represention in events.
v) Withholding of results.
vi) Suspension of expulsion from hostel or mess and the like.
4. If the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not identified , collective punishment shall be resorted to.
5. Character migration certificate (s) issued by the institution shall have an entry apart from that of general conduct and behavior to the effect whether the student had participated in particular was published for ragging.
6. In case the applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging/indiscipline in the past or it is noticed later that he has indulged in ragging , admission shall be refused to him/her or he/she shall be expelled from the institution forthwith.
College Anti-Ragging And Discipline Committee
Dr. Jitender Kumar Bhanwal.
Dr Vikas Rana
Prof Rajesh Kumar